latest technology news
The Internet Society is focused on ensuring that a healthy, sustainable Internet is available to everyone – today and for the next billion users. Technology-focused programmes are a vital component of the Internet Society’s mission. We work to facilitate the open development of standards, protocols, administration, and to ensure a robust, secure technical infrastructure.
To the right are some of the Internet Society’s current technology topics - IPv6, DNSSEC, Internet Resilience & Stability, Networks & Trust, Open Internet Standards, Privacy & Identity, and Routing Security. Click on each for a brief overview of why we believe they are important, our current activities, and our latest related blogs and publications, or see them all below.
Data Breaches and You - our Global Internet Report 2016 explains the critical steps you need to take now
Data breaches are the oil spills of the digital economy. Over 429 million people were affected by reported data breaches in 2015 – and that number is certain to grow even higher in 2016. These large-scale data breaches along with uncertainties about the use of our data, cybercrime, surveillance and other online threats are eroding trust on the Internet.
Rough Guide to IETF 97: Internet of Things
The Internet of Things (IoT) is a buzzword around the Internet industry and the broader technology and innovation business.
Rough Guide to IETF 97: Internet Infrastructure Resilience
Let’s look at what’s happening in the IETF and the upcoming IETF 97 meeting in the area of Internet infrastructure resilience.
- One in four Wi-Fi hotspots vulnerable to attack, study finds
- Fight against Investigatory Powers Bill may not be over
- Third of bank staff expect Brexit to force employer out of UK
- Why more people aren’t cloud bursting
- Why you should start using "Google Keep" right away
- Three tools for better task management in Google Apps
- Internet Technology Matters
- Three Mobile breached, millions of UK customers’ data at risk
- User Experience. Which type of navigation is more suitable?
- Designing a list component that exposes frequently chosen options